Thursday, April 19, 2018

Sweet Memories...


Sitting here at work and I’m having flashbacks to my aunty Helena’s funeral service when uncle Siaosi did the Geneology…lmao…literally EVERYONE’s Leimaxx came out to play like it was a full on koniseti (concert). Especially when he called aunty Malieta, my mom, and aunty Siliva (his wife)…omg, *literally dying over here* They all full on got up and waived at everyone like it was a tali-ui or something! And everyone that was there laughed their heads off like it was a comedy show. And then afterwards, aunty Malieta gets up on the mic and talks about her twin and how she passed away…guys, like the story alone was so real and so hilarious I was crying from so much laughter! But the most memorable part of the funeral was uncle Sione Matenoa and uncle Toni crying and weeping for their sister…I know it was supposed to be so sad, emotional and very sentimental, except, all of us cousins we literally dying of laughter that we had to hide our laughter because of the faifekau’s. But the highlight of the entire funeral was our cousin bonding waiting in the rain for a ride back to Kihei and Tilose and Katieli sitting in the back truck! I really don’t know how to put it in words, but I can draw you a picture. I was driving, there were about 9 of us packed inside the truck, yes, 9, and our brothers Katieli and Tilose sat in the back, hair out, cruisin’ em trying to light a cigarette to smoke in the pouring rain! It is one of my fondest memories with my cousins and I miss them. Hopefully, one day, we’ll get to reunite again and continue to do what we do best, make great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment